Have you heard of acupuncture for facial rejuvenation? What is it exactly and are there any risks involved in acupuncture for facial rejuvenation? First of all, cosmetic acupuncture is not a facelift. What we are really talking about here is “inner health and outer beauty”.
Our skin is our largest organ, and is reflective of our inner health and well being. When considering acupuncture for facial rejuvenation, it is important to realize that this is not a ‘quick fix.’ Your current state of wellness will play an important role in how quickly you will see results from cosmetic acupuncture, and how long lasting these results will be.
The ideal treatment plan is a series of 12 weekly treatments and includes the following:
- Acupuncture to the body; to address any underlying imbalances
- Chinese herbal masks suited to your particular skin type
- Facial acupuncture
- Chinese facial massage (gua sha)
- Often times herbal prescriptions will be added to take internally
- Dietary recommendations to address underlying imbalances
- Topical products to use on your face (especially in the case of acne or rosacea)
One of the benefits to working so comprehensively with an individual, is that we are better able to produce much deeper and longer lasting results.
What are the results of Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation?
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduction of bags under the eyes
- Tightening of skin
- Increases collagen production
- Improvement in elasticity of skin
- Reduction of puffiness, drooping eyelids
- Reduction of acne, rosacea, dry skin
- Overall rejuvenation – not confined to the face
- Helps eyes, ears & sinuses
What are the risks of Acupuncture for Facial Rejuvenation?
Cosmetic acupuncture is generally very safe and free from side effects, however it may be contraindicated for the following:
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Individuals with pace-makers
- Problems with bleeding or bruising (blood thinner medications)
- Severe headaches or migraines
- Cold or flu
- During an allergy attack
- Acute herpes outbreak
- Generally not in pregnancy
- Former cosmetic procedures (Botox, surgical facelifts etc.)
If you are looking for a more natural approach to skin care and for deeper, more long lasting results, then you should consider acupuncture for facial rejuvenation at Integrative Acupuncture in Montpelier and Williston, Vermont.