“I feel that a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach to health care is a necessary aspect of our evolving medical model.”
Mária received her Master of Acupuncture from the New England School of Acupuncture after four years of rigorous training. She is nationally board certified through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). She is a licensed acupuncturist in the states of VT and MA.
Mária was introduced to acupuncture as a child and is currently pursuing specialist training in Pediatrics. She practices both Chinese and Japanese styles of acupuncture and has special training in gentle non-insertive styles of acupuncture. She uses her clinical and intuitive skills to deliver tailored treatments that meet her patients where they are in that moment. She has training in qigong, meditation, nutrition, tuina (Chinese massage), and botanical medicine.
Mária has had the great fortune of training with world renown acupuncture specialists focusing on cancer care, children and pain. She enjoyed working as an assistant acupuncturist for the Boston Ballet, helping professional dancers reduce their pain.
Mária loves the challenge and gratification of helping people feel better. Her patients of all ages are comfortable with her gentle approach to holistic care.
Education & Certifications
- Licensed Acupuncturist VT 2014
- Master of Acupuncture, New England School of Acupuncture 2014
- Board Certified Diplomate in Acupuncture: NCCAOM 2014
- Bachelors of Arts, Anthropology and Religious Studies 2007
- Member, Vermont Acupuncture Association: 2014-present
- Pediatric Essentials- Acupuncture with Robin Green 2014
- Autism and ADHS in Pediatrics training 2015